Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
• You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six to eight (6–8) hours prior to the appointment. If you are diabetic or have other medical conditions that may make this difficult or dangerous, please let our office know so we can suggest a safe alternative.
• A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, drive the patient home, and remain at home with the patient for a period of time.
• The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
• Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
• Do not wear lipstick or excessive makeup on the day of surgery.
• If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
• If you take routine oral medications, please check with our office prior to your surgical date for instructions. Most medications can be taken with just enough water to get them down, and not interfere with the planned anesthetic.
Get In Touch!
We are looking forward to meeting you.
Fax: (918) 491-6999
Address: 7316 E 91st St, Tulsa, OK 74133